BGGC Cadet Scheme
Want to learn to fly? You can join the Bristol & Gloucestershire Gliding Club as a Cadet member.
Want to see what it's like ? Have a look at our Cadets YouTube channel here.
Hi, I'm Will. Back in 2015 I joined the Bristol and Gloucestershire Gliding Club (BGGC) as a cadet. BGGC is a great club to be part of, everyone is friendly and it’s a great environment for learning new skills. As well as learning to fly, I have been taught to drive the winch and I even learned to drive the club vehicles which will save me money when I turn 17 and start driving. I am currently working towards my Cross Country Endorsement and I hope to fly Cross Country in the summer. I would like to have a career in aviation and I think that learning to fly glider is a great way to start.
Who can apply ?
- If you are aged between 14 and 18 you can!
- No qualifications required, other than enthusiasm and determination.
- We will train you to fly a glider solo.
- We train you to launch and retrieve gliders.
- We will train you to drive the club’s retrieve vehicles.
What's the cost?
- A winch launch and short soaring flight will cost around £12.50
- A longer soaring flight off a winch launch will cost around £20
- Annual membership is £126 until you are 18
Find out what it's like to Go Solo!
Great! What next?
Easy, download an information pack and application form ...