Dedicated Learning Weeks
Dedicated Learning Weeks
The Learning Week Programme offers members of the BGGC (or other BGA gliding clubs) the opportunity to arrange to fly on an intensive basis with the BGGC professional instructor. During selected weeks up to 3 people can pre-book to fly with one instructor on a dedicated basis, so avoiding the normal issues associated with a crowded flying list and ensuring a period of concentrated and consistent training.
Each five day period provides an opportunity for students to fly on a regular and reliable basis in order to make faster progress towards indiviual goals. This might include; ab-initio (pre-solo) instruction, progression to solo, bronze preparation and testing, aerobatic and aero-tow training or improving soaring your skills.
Members of other gliding clubs are welcome. If you are a member of another BGA club you will pay standard reciprocal membership fees, if you are not currently a member of a BGA gliding club, but have previous gliding experience (eg outside the UK) please contact the office for details.
If you have no prior experience, and have not yet joined a gliding club, you may find our All Inclusive Courses a more suitable introduction to the sport.
PLEASE NOTE COURSE DATES ARE UNDER REVIEW DUE TO CORONOVIRUS RESTRICTIONS
Each week runs Monday-Friday, starting on the dates below. Up to 3 students may arrange to fly on each of the Dedicated Learning Weeks.
30th March 27th April 1st June 29th June
- 3rd August
- 7th September
- 5th October
Cost is £125 per student (plus normal flying fees). Non-members of the BGGC will also be required to pay standard reciprocal membership fees.
Cancellations at less than 7 days notice will incur the full course fee, cancellations 7 days to one calendar month notice 50% of the course fee and those greater than one month from the scheduled start a fee of £25. To book or check availability please call or email the office.
- Bookings may be made up until the start of the course, however additional notice will allow the instructor to tailor the instruction.
- Cancellations at less than 7 days notice will incur the full course fee, cancellations 7 days to one calendar month notice 50% of the course fee and those greater than one month from the scheduled start a fee of £25.
- The dedicated service will be considered to run from 0830 until the end of the normal flying day, Monday-Friday.
- Normal membership, launch and flying rates will apply. Members of other clubs will pay reciprocal membership fees.
- The instructor will provide a dedicated service to these members which will consist of both ground instruction (lectures) in addition to flying activities.
- Students will be expected to assist in the normal pre and post flying activities, unpacking the hanger, DI'ing etc....
- While the course is running the instructor may provide a normal supervisory service to solo pilots, however instruction will not be available to anyone not on the learning week. The only exception to this is that very limited check flights may be available at the start of the day, but only with the agreement of the course members and professional instructor.
- The BGGC reserve the right to cancel a week, offering a full refund, in the event that fewer than 2 people are booked for a course.