Are you between 14-16?
Learn to Fly for Free with the Bristol & Glos. Gliding Club Sponsored Cadet Scheme
If you’re interested in learning to fly before you drive! — Check out the links below. No qualifications needed, just enthusiasm and drive!
How to Apply
To apply please download the application form below and the prospectus and return your application to the BGGC. Please ensure you read the Prospectus in full. Note that limited places are available and will be awarded by selection.
BGGC Cadet SchemeWant to learn to fly? You can join the Bristol & Gloucestershire Gliding Club as a Cadet member. We offer a limited number of sponsored places which will enable you to fly for free up until the time you "go solo".
BGGC Sponsored Cadets
Who can apply ?
- If you are aged between 14 and 16 you can!
- No qualifications required, other than enthusiasm and determination.
- Sponsored places are limited - apply now!
- We will train you to fly a glider solo.
- We train you to launch and retrieve gliders.
- We will train you to drive the club’s retrieve vehicles.
What's the cost?
- If you are accepted for one of our sponsored places all your membership and flying fees are paid up until your first solo flight.
- After that 30 minute soaring flight will cost around £17
- Annual membership is £90 (free for the first year under the sponsored cadet scheme)